2020 held so many guitar reviews that we had to split our end of the year roundup into two separate articles! This will show all our rankings for guitars over $1000, with the previous article ranking all guitars under $1000. If you need a reminder, here is how we review guitars, and here is a important note on how to differentiate between the ever crowding guitar market.
Some other reminders:
- Each review was hands on, which means the guitar arrived at my house, in my hands, plugged into my rig each time
- I get paid exactly zero dollars to do these reviews, so no financial bias on my end
- Sometimes I am fortunate enough to get to keep a guitar, but 95% of the time these guitars all go back to their original manufacturers
- All the guitars reviewed here are new, and currently available
- And lastly, to go read the individual review just click on the highlighted name of each guitar in the table!
|Model||Rating (out of 10)||Cost||Find Your Own|
|PRS Silver Sky||9.8||$2299.00||Reverb.com|
|Ernie Ball Music Man Majesty Ball Family Reserve||9.8||$5299.00||Reverb.com|
|Fender Vintera Road Worn ’50s Telecaster||9.4||$1099.99||Reverb.com|
|Ernie Ball Sabre||9.4||$3199.00||Reverb.com|
|Knaggs Keya J Relic||9.1||$3200.00||Reverb.com|
|Reverend Rick Vito Signature Soulshaker||9.1||$1599.00||Reverb.com|
|Fender American Professional II Telecaster||9.1||$1499.99||Reverb.com|
|Stanford Crossroads Thinline 30||9.0||$1099.99||Stanford-guitars.com|
|PRS SE Hollowbody II Piezo||8.9||$1549.00||Reverb.com|
|Gibson Les Paul Studio 2020||8.6||$1499.00||Reverb.com|
|Knaggs Kenai J H2 Semi Gloss||8.6||$2800.00||Reverb.com|
|RWM Guitars Semi-Hollow Double Cut||8.6||$1500.00||rwmguitars.com|
|RWM Guitars Semi-Hollow T-Style||8.4||$1500.00||rwmguitars.com|
While I don’t generally believe that higher price means higher quality, it is always interesting to look at the spread of scores in relation to price. Likely, this is an artifact from higher quality control associated with higher costs of guitars, especially with boutique builds. The lower side of the rankings are also skewed by the fact that all 3 Harmony guitars were phenomenal but priced the same, ranked the same, and generally played/felt the same.